Friday, 7 November 2008

Birds and bats in botanic gardens

I decided to take a break from the job applications yesterday and took a walk to the Botanic Gardens near the harbour.

It was lovely, really beautiful flowers and great place to take lunch if you're working in the city I imagine.
One thing that surprised me was the strange noises I started to hear - looking up I realised there were hundreds of bats above me! Loads of them everywhere! Really bizarre. Apparently the thing to do is to go around sunset and you see them all flying up.


Also a strange site was flocks of big cockatoos, very friendly, they came right up to my feet looking for food I think. I liked this one who was trying to drink from the water fountain, I considered turning it on for him but thought I might get a finger taken!


Looks like a great place to run too, hundreds of runners out from the offices at lunch time and have a great view of the opera house and harbour bridge.