Sunday, 2 November 2008

The Flight

So the first mistake was taking excess baggage weight - I thought it would maybe cost around #50, I was very wrong - more like #300! Not much we could do though, since we're without our shipped stuff for 2 months, and needed stuff for UK winter and Aus summer, it was always going to be a lot of weight.

Apart from that, we said goodbye to Adam's Mum and Dad and sister Sam (thanks so much for the lift and for coming to see us off), which was really sad, and then went on to board.

Have decided virgin is the way to fly, we were only in economy but somehow seemed much nicer than BA and the complimentary toothbrush/paste was much appreciated - small things can make the biggest differences!

It turned out it wasn't the new virgin direct flight after all and actually we stopped in hong kong.
Really odd landing in the morning our time ready to see the sun set over the HK mountains.

The first flight was about 11 hours, then the stop for 2 or 3, then 9 hours to Sydney. I didn't actually mind it too much as I managed to sleep OK. Only problem was that it seems to have aggrevated my bad knees. Hopefully they will recover after a proper nights sleep. IT does seem very odd to have just missed out Friday 31st altogether!