Monday, 3 November 2008

Bondi beaches

Continuing our weekend tour, on Sunday we decided to head over to Bondi. It took a bit longer than I thought on a train and a bus from the CBD, I'm not sure I would want to commute that far.

The beach was really lovely, and apparently good surfing waves! We did a beautiful walk along the coast from Bondi to Coogee beach, stopping at Clovelly beach for a good lunch of john dory and chips. Clovelly has good scuba diving, might have to try it out sometime.

Bondi walk

Coogee beach
It was quite cloudy but still pretty warm, I know understand how strong this sun is, since we got a bit sun burnt even through the cloud! Factor 30 everyday from now on!

We went up to Newtown afterwards. I think it is the 'shoreditch' type trendy area. Doesn't look too great but has all the cool bars. I'm not sure I'd want to live that central but will definitely be fun to go out!

Still undecided on where to live. I think I prefer Manly at the moment, but yet to see Mosman and a few other areas Adam has in mind...